SAM Medical, SAM Chest Seal (Various Options)
SAM Chest Seal
DRESSING FOR OPEN CHEST WOUNDS
SAM Chest Seal is engineered to treat, seal, and reseal open chest wounds under most circumstances. After simple and quick application, SAM® Chest Seal sticks relentlessly – through extreme heat or cold, no matter the elements. Meets CoTCCC-preferred features.
SAM Chest Seal’s rigid, raised-dome valve ensures one-way airflow from the chest cavity, no matter the pressure applied. Large side vents minimize internal obstruction from blood clots or soft tissue. Whether in transport or in the presence of heavy body armor, the TRUFLOW™ Valve will continue to vent.
DESIGNED FOR SIMPLICITY & SECURITY
SAM Chest Seal is engineered to seal, and reseal open chest wounds in the presence of any elements. After simple and quick application, SAM® Chest Seal sticks relentlessly – in extreme heat or cold.
With its ultimate use in global combat zones, the SAM Chest Seal 2.0 Valved is optimized for night vision. Both the packaging and chest seal can be viewed under no light conditions with the use of a night vision device. This allows for easier placement in all light conditions.
Benefits and Features:
- Strong Hydrogel adhesive works under extreme heat and cold, and adheres in the presence of blood and debris
- Large oval shape with thin edge layer that resists lifting or peeling
- Dome-shaped, one-way TRUFLOW Valve provides for low-resistance airflow out of the chest cavity while preventing ingress
- Dual tabs facilitate placement and removal of dressing, and allow the ability to vent and reseal
- Valve is designed to prevent internal and external blockages
- Flexible, latex-free elastic conforms to curved body surfaces
- Dressing and packaging are optimized for night vision
- Vacuum-packed tear-and-peel pouch
- 6-year shelf life
Packaged Dimensions: 9.2″ x 7.6″
Chest Seal Dimensions: 6.25″ x 10″ x 0.75″
Packaged Weight: 2.3 oz